Leann Jacobsen was a candidate in the 2018 Democratic primary for the U.S. House of Representatives in Iowa’s 4th District. She continues to be active in the our district and has recently formed WOLF PAC, a PAC to support Democratic, pro-choice women running for office in Northwest Iowa.
Here are a few highlights from WOLF PAC literature:
While the women’s movement in 2018 is sweeping across the state and country, Northwest Iowa, in large part, has been left out of the trend. WOLF PAC seeks to increase the number of women elected to all levels of public office — knowing the success of women leaders benefits everyone, creates new role models and inspires others to take part.
The WOLF PAC is actively fundraising and recruiting to benefit female candidates running in 2018 and the 2020 election cycle.
How this PAC Works – WOLF PAC aggregates contributions from members who wish to donate to female candidates running for public office.
- Members are asked to contribute either $100 or $250, though donations of any amount are welcome.
- Prospective recipients (i.e., candidates) may submit completed questionnaires that are then interviewed by WOLF PAC members.
- PAC members will then make a recommendation to the full executive committee.
How We Support Women: Our efforts are tied to helping women run a successful campaign.
- Our goal, first and foremost, is to raise money to donate as campaign contributions to candidates that match PAC criteria and are agreed upon by the committee.
- For those that want to volunteer their time as well, we will work as an intermediary to connect with campaign organizers.
Ready to join the PAC?
- Send a check to: WOLF PAC P.O. Box 180 Spencer, IA 51301
- Contribute directly through the PAC’s ActBlue page (https://secure.actblue.com/donate/wolf-pac-3).
- Recruit at least three people to join the PAC, who are actively committed to getting more women elected at public, state and federal levels.
Have questions? Email WOLF PAC treasurer Amanda Bare at email@example.com for more information