Join Audubon County Congressional and Iowa House candidates JD Scholten and Peter Leo for a town hall meeting this Sunday in Audubon.
Audubon High School, Board Room Sunday, October 14 • 5:00-6:00 pm
J.D. Scholten is touring the district again, and he is looking forward to the opportunity to hear from all of you. Iowa Values define J.D. Scholten. JD is an Iowan, a community member, and a teammate with energy, a strong work ethic, and integrity. His family raised him to put others first and believe that hard work, civility, and community are the values we should all aspire to. He is committed to living those values through his campaign to unseat Steve King.
Flyer to share:
Audubon County TH Flyer
Atlantic, Iowa October 6, 2018 – House Party Farm Concert 2018 for People For Peter Leo – Iowa House District 12 and O’Brien for Iowa House District 21 was a great night! Big thank you to musicians @Randy Burk of Randy Burk and the Prisoners, Blake D. Lubinus, and @Charles Nixon and John Richardson! It’s fun to be a Democrat in Western Iowa with this crowd! Check out the video of the tail end of Blake playing “The Star Spangled Banner” on the harmonica. Shed, farm equipment, flags–that’s us!
Leann Jacobsen was a candidate in the 2018 Democratic primary for the U.S. House of Representatives in Iowa’s 4th District. She continues to be active in the our district and has recently formed WOLF PAC, a PAC to support Democratic, pro-choice women running for office in Northwest Iowa.
Here are a few highlights from WOLF PAC literature:
While the women’s movement in 2018 is sweeping across the state and country, Northwest Iowa, in large part, has been left out of the trend. WOLF PAC seeks to increase the number of women elected to all levels of public office — knowing the success of women leaders benefits everyone, creates new role models and inspires others to take part.
The WOLF PAC is actively fundraising and recruiting to benefit female candidates running in 2018 and the 2020 election cycle.
How this PAC Works – WOLF PAC aggregates contributions from members who wish to donate to female candidates running for public office.
- Members are asked to contribute either $100 or $250, though donations of any amount are welcome.
- Prospective recipients (i.e., candidates) may submit completed questionnaires that are then interviewed by WOLF PAC members.
- PAC members will then make a recommendation to the full executive committee.
How We Support Women: Our efforts are tied to helping women run a successful campaign.
- Our goal, first and foremost, is to raise money to donate as campaign contributions to candidates that match PAC criteria and are agreed upon by the committee.
- For those that want to volunteer their time as well, we will work as an intermediary to connect with campaign organizers.
Ready to join the PAC?
- Send a check to: WOLF PAC P.O. Box 180 Spencer, IA 51301
- Contribute directly through the PAC’s ActBlue page (https://secure.actblue.com/donate/wolf-pac-3).
- Recruit at least three people to join the PAC, who are actively committed to getting more women elected at public, state and federal levels.
Have questions? Email WOLF PAC treasurer Amanda Bare at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Early voting started in Iowa yesterday (October 8th)!
See www.voteforiowa.com for the three ways you can vote in our state: 1. By mail 2. Early in person 3. In person on election day
Here are a few reasons to vote early:
1. Avoid election day disasters that prevent you from making it to the polls.
2. After you’ve voted, Democrats will stop pestering you to vote and spend resources assisting and persuading other voters.
Let’s go vote, Audubon County!
Dwight Jessen was born and raised in Audubon County. He grew up on a farm in Audubon Township and graduated with the Exira High School Class of 1972. After graduation he farmed for 11 years. He started a consignment business in Exira and worked for an area farmer for several years. He lived in Sac County for three years working as a carpenter. He had an opportunity to return to Audubon County and work in a retail business and has lived in Exira ever since. In 1997 he began working for Audubon County Secondary Roads as a motor-grader operator. In 2015 he was promoted to Superintendent for Audubon County Secondary Roads. Dwight served Exira on the City Council for 10 years. He is married to Janie and has two sons and two step-daughters. His hands-on and supervisory experience with the County Secondary Roads Department and his political experience working with a city council has given him the skills needed to serve Audubon County as County Supervisor. Let’s vote Dwight in November!
It was a great night at the annual fundraiser! Thanks to everyone who joined, organized, and is running for office as a Democrat in Audubon County!
Candidates and campaigns: People For Peter Leo – Iowa House District 12, Scholten4Iowa, Dwight Jessen for County Supervisor, Deb Campbell for County Treasurer, Miranda Bills for County Recorder.
Organizers: Peggy Smalley, Sarah Christensen
We have some great events coming up, including our annual fundraiser in Audubon and a Farm Party Fundraiser for our House Candidate, Peter Leo! Join together with like-minded Democrats this fall as we build our presence and votes in Audubon County! Check our events page for details!