Great News! Barb Leach, former Vice Chair of the Iowa Democratic Party, is returning to Iowa this election season to help Get Out The Vote in Audubon County! Barb will be here for 4 days only (Sunday Oct. 28 – Oct. 31)!
Join Barb, and Kathy Manatt along with her daughter Michele Manatt, to knock doors, write post cards, and make phone calls for J.D. Scholten.
Join as many of the following activities as you can squeeze out the time! Let’s get votes for all Democrats running for office in Audubon County! We must show Trump and the Republicans we are a blue wave here in Audubon County!
RSVP to Barb at email@example.com or cell 202.262.6170.
Please invite friends!
- SUN. OCT. 28 – 1:30 at El Adobe Restaurant: door-knocking in Audubon
- MON. OCT. 29
- 10 AM-1 PM at Broadway 312 Bakery: door-knocking in Audubon
- 1 PM – Lunch break at El Adobe Restaurant
- 2:30 – 4:30 – door-knocking in Audubon
- 6:15 PM – Taylor Hill Lodge (1614 Highway 71, Audubon) – postcard writing and phone-calling with Peter Leo
- TUES. OCT. 30
- Daytime: door knocking in Harlan (contact Barb for details) day to include lunch at Milk & Honey Restaurant and Women to Women phone-calling.
- 6:15 PM – Taylor Hill Lodge (1614 Highway 71, Audubon) postcard writing and phone-calling with Peter Leo
- WED. OCT. 31
- 10 AM – Broadway 321 Bakery for Coffee, drive to Exira for door-knocking
- 1 PM – lunch with Susan Osvald (location to be determined) – followed by more door-knocking.
October 20, 2018 – You may have seen folks walking around the towns of Exira, Audubon, and Kimballton last Saturday. The door knockers shared information on Democrats running for office in Audubon County and left flyers on the candidates in doors. It was a beautiful day of action, sharing information on Democratic candidates and helping voters obtain absentee ballots. Big thanks to everyone who helped organize the day and knock doors and write postcards! Pictured is Audubon County volunteer Allison Berryhill and State House Candidate Peter Leo. Allison’s grandson snuck in the photo, too.
Join Audubon County Congressional and Iowa House candidates JD Scholten and Peter Leo for a town hall meeting this Sunday in Audubon.
Audubon High School, Board Room Sunday, October 14 • 5:00-6:00 pm
J.D. Scholten is touring the district again, and he is looking forward to the opportunity to hear from all of you. Iowa Values define J.D. Scholten. JD is an Iowan, a community member, and a teammate with energy, a strong work ethic, and integrity. His family raised him to put others first and believe that hard work, civility, and community are the values we should all aspire to. He is committed to living those values through his campaign to unseat Steve King.
Flyer to share:
Audubon County TH Flyer
Atlantic, Iowa October 6, 2018 – House Party Farm Concert 2018 for People For Peter Leo – Iowa House District 12 and O’Brien for Iowa House District 21 was a great night! Big thank you to musicians @Randy Burk of Randy Burk and the Prisoners, Blake D. Lubinus, and @Charles Nixon and John Richardson! It’s fun to be a Democrat in Western Iowa with this crowd! Check out the video of the tail end of Blake playing “The Star Spangled Banner” on the harmonica. Shed, farm equipment, flags–that’s us!
Leann Jacobsen was a candidate in the 2018 Democratic primary for the U.S. House of Representatives in Iowa’s 4th District. She continues to be active in the our district and has recently formed WOLF PAC, a PAC to support Democratic, pro-choice women running for office in Northwest Iowa.
Here are a few highlights from WOLF PAC literature:
While the women’s movement in 2018 is sweeping across the state and country, Northwest Iowa, in large part, has been left out of the trend. WOLF PAC seeks to increase the number of women elected to all levels of public office — knowing the success of women leaders benefits everyone, creates new role models and inspires others to take part.
The WOLF PAC is actively fundraising and recruiting to benefit female candidates running in 2018 and the 2020 election cycle.
How this PAC Works – WOLF PAC aggregates contributions from members who wish to donate to female candidates running for public office.
- Members are asked to contribute either $100 or $250, though donations of any amount are welcome.
- Prospective recipients (i.e., candidates) may submit completed questionnaires that are then interviewed by WOLF PAC members.
- PAC members will then make a recommendation to the full executive committee.
How We Support Women: Our efforts are tied to helping women run a successful campaign.
- Our goal, first and foremost, is to raise money to donate as campaign contributions to candidates that match PAC criteria and are agreed upon by the committee.
- For those that want to volunteer their time as well, we will work as an intermediary to connect with campaign organizers.
Ready to join the PAC?
- Send a check to: WOLF PAC P.O. Box 180 Spencer, IA 51301
- Contribute directly through the PAC’s ActBlue page (https://secure.actblue.com/donate/wolf-pac-3).
- Recruit at least three people to join the PAC, who are actively committed to getting more women elected at public, state and federal levels.
Have questions? Email WOLF PAC treasurer Amanda Bare at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Early voting started in Iowa yesterday (October 8th)!
See www.voteforiowa.com for the three ways you can vote in our state: 1. By mail 2. Early in person 3. In person on election day
Here are a few reasons to vote early:
1. Avoid election day disasters that prevent you from making it to the polls.
2. After you’ve voted, Democrats will stop pestering you to vote and spend resources assisting and persuading other voters.
Let’s go vote, Audubon County!